Saturday, June 28, 2008

With all due respect

You sir, are an idiot.

So, last night after the kids, Kari and I got home from the Canaries game I got my bike stuff together, cleaned my chain, aired my tires, and got ready to leave in the morning. I was supposed to meet Gabe down the street at 5:15am.

now, my brain doesn't function very well early in the morning, so I got everything in one place before I went to bed-- jersey, shorts, socks, shoes, headband (Halo), helmet, gloves, food. I got a bottle of gatorade and a bottle of energy drink and a bottle of ice. All set.

I woke up, geared up and rolled down the street. Gosh, it seems awful dark.

After sitting in the gas station parking lot for a few minutes I pulled out my phone and, much to my surprise, it was 3:21 am. No Gabe, I'm an idiot, and I just drank half an energy drink.

So i rolled home, stripped, PJs on, climbed back into bed. I got about 30 minutes sleep before my alarm went off (for reals this time, not just in my imagination) and i repeated the process I had 2 hours earlier. This time it wasn't so dark out and it was time to ride.

I should mention, riding in the insane winds Saturday wasn't nearly as fun as it sounds. I got in 42 miles before stopping at Harmodon park @ 7:45 to meet the FAB ride. I rode along with them for about 4 miles before my legs decided they were well and truly shot and I turned for home.

4 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

You should have just stayed up and listened to Art Bell.

Road Legs said...

Is Art Bell still on?

DIRK said...

Art Bell?? Who?? At that time, I would rather turn on the TV and see if anything is on Skinemax. Or, is that Cinemax?

hellimat said...

I had to look it up-- yeah, I've heard Art Bell on the radio before. He's not as big of crackpot as Limbaugh or O'Reilly