Monday, June 16, 2008

Slipstream wins!

This weekend was full of good news on the American front in pro cycling. Team High Road (used to be T-Mobile) secured a new sponsor (and will change names for the Tour de France), Team CSC got a new sponsor, and Slipstream Chipotle won a smallish pro race . Levi Leipheimer also finished third in the Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré which, if they'd Let Levi Ride, would have been a great tune-up for the TdF.

This week the Tour de Suisse continues, and you can catch the highlights Sunday afternoon on the Vs. network. I may not care for the cagefighting and bullriding on Vs. but I love me some bike racing each week. It's relaxing to listen to Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett (the same guys that announce the Tour de France for English speakers each year) detail bike races while I'm cleaning chains, fixing tires and fondling the bikes.

Just under three weeks until the tour. I need to make sure to clear enough space on my DVR before then. I also need to learn how to get data off the DVR and onto DVDs or hard drive space so I've got something to watch this winter on the trainer... anyone know how to do that? Sound off if you do. Thanks

3 comments:

gad2357 said...

Now: Garmin Wins!

See this.

DIRK said...

Don't worry about all that stuff. Just get out and ride your own bike!

hellimat said...

Greg- I hadn't seen that article, that's awesome!

Dirk - I'm getting 6 days of biking in each week. No worries there. Hearing about the American teams and riders doing well is motivation, eh?