Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Teepee on my bike trail!



I brought my bike to work today (I got up too late to actually bike in) and went for a ride after work. I went north and up by the airport the city must have been fixing cracks. There is a couple miles of hot tar covered in white paper on that stretch.

now, I'm happy the city is doing something, but the tar just seeps into the crack after a while and, while it's better, it's still rough. Is it my imagination or are the roads in better shape than the trail? How do they make roads that (for the most part) stand up to winter but the bike trail can't (I'm assuming its the hot/cold of south dakota that cracks the trail).

Wouldn't a bag of quick dry cement fill the cracks (and actually leave a smooth path) work better? There are a lot of cracks (and worse, potholes) by O'Gorman. Anyone want to experiment with me some night? I don't actually know anything about cement, other than some combination of powder and water combines and turns into hard stuff.

No comments: