Friday, July 11, 2008

Early morning riding

So, I'm not sure if I'm cut out for early morning riding. I'll give it a bit longer before I decide for reals.

Thursday I woke up to meet Jon and get some riding in. Of course, I rode to the meeting point while he decided (based on cloud cover and darkness) to wait a little while before starting. We missed each other by 10 minutes, so I rolled around the west end of town, thru Ellis, then back to SF and home the long way through town.

Friday morning was different. I was meeting up with Larry from Spoke&Sport for a ride. I needed to get new tags for my car and didn't want to spend 8 dollars in gas driving to get them. So instead we met at 6:15 outside my apartment, hit the cash machine down the street, then turned South.

The wind was bad in town, and got FAR worse as we got out of town. 20mph out of the South, and we had 14 miles dead into the wind (6 miles were crosswind). Fortunately Larry and I worked well together, trading off pulls (200-300yards) so neither of us got too wiped. We rolled into Canton just before 8, then walked around the courthouse (under construction) to find the new entrance. I was the 7th person in line, and just a few minutes(15) later I was able to spend 46 hard earned dollars on a new stickers for my car. Yay!

We stopped at the gas station for a little refreshment (energy drink!!!) and then rolled home. The trip home was arguably worse-- high humidity and no wind (because it was at our back) made for a sweaty sweaty trip. I was thrilled to get home and showered before heading to work.

I'll miss WW next week, the boss and I are traveling.

No comments: