Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weekend of fun

So this weekend is totally bike (and politics) filled.  Here's the agenda.  There's still time for you to participate in the various rides and fun times.

I answered a political telemarketer type call from the Obama campaign.  I'm a supporter (donated money) and will help out where I can.  Friday is some sort of meeting/dinner/something that "Ben" at the Obama office is emailing directions to.  I think when I get to the door I have to knock 3 times and repeat the secret passphrase to gain entrance.  An early night (I need sleep) will follow.

Saturday starts about 5am, as I'll need to meet Snakebite, the Mayor, Pedalpower, Biking Brady and Jody (no known blog).  We're pre-riding part of the Tour de Kota and, for Snakebite this is a gut-check practice weekend, as he's aiming to do 300miles between saturday and sunday.

I'll be coming back at noon so I can hit the FAB kickoff/spring meeting/pizza feed with Kari and the kids.  A short casual bike ride will follow (I'll be dragging Kid5 on the trail-a-bike).

Sunday is the FAB Family Ride (more kid5 on the trail-a-bike) and hopefully some Ice Cream.

Be there for 1 of the above events, or be square.

Oh, and super good news, the LBS is going to let me ride a loaner mountain bike for The Big Mick in mid-June!  100miles of gravel, yay!

peace

No comments: