Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two of my good friends I met last year (Chris C. and Crystal S.) are in this Public Service Announcement our fair city put together. I don't know all the details, but this is pretty great. It needs airtime both for cyclists (buckle up for safety) and for drivers (bikes belong on the road, and your inattention can maim or kill them).


I was actually having a conversation yesterday about helmets. I'm less worried about a horrific accident (car slamming into me) than I am some stupid accident (of which I had a couple last year). A little inattention, someone else's carlessness, swerving to avoid pets/rollerbladers/swervy little kids on the bike trail, etc. Any of these things can cause a fall-- and most falls will end up with your head swinging into either the grass (if you're lucky) or the pavement (not so lucky) or sharp rocks (really unlucky). I'll hedge my bets and buckle up.

No comments: